Drum instruction by Todd Bishop
NOTE: As of 2013, I have new lessons site at pdxdrummer.blogspot.com, please hit the link and come on over!
Welcome to PDXDrummer.com, home of pro drummer Todd Bishop, and the place for drum lessons in Portland, OR. I offer private instruction on the drum set (all musical styles) and snare drum, group technique classes, clinics, drum line instruction, and other services. My studio is conveniently located in north Portland, ten minutes from downtown.
E-mail or phone (503)380-9259 now to schedule your free 30-minute introductory lesson!
- Visit my drumming blog, Cruise Ship Drummer!, for tons of interviews, videos, exercise downloads, and educational pieces. Updates are happening every day, so sign up as a follower to avoid missing anything.
- January, 2011- big site reorganization! Much new material on the downloads page, including my Nov. 2010 Drum! Magazine piece, new sampled playalong loops, and several new transriptions.
- New page of my CDs, published works, and contributions to the Drummerworld.com forum.
- I'm currently booking a third European tour with my group Pop Art 4, with dates in Paris, Brussels, and elsewhere in Belgium and Germany.
- My educational pieces from the Nov. 2010 and issue of Drum! Magazine is now available for download.
On the site you can:
- Read about my private drum lessons and snare drum classes.
- Read about me , listen to my recordings, and catch up with what I'm doing elsewhere on the web.
- Get references and read whate my students have to say about studying with me.
- Download my original practice materials, exercises, transcriptions, and play-along tracks.
- Buy books, sticks, pads, and everything else you need for your lessons.
- Get advice/recommendations for everything related to buying, owning, learning and playing the drums.
Thanks for visiting! - tb
"Studying with Todd has been a great experience. He really tailors his lessons to the individual and that allows the student to get what they need to become a better drummer."
-Greg Bartnik, student